Sunday, March 23, 2008

a very snowy Easter

The weather forecast threatened snow. I didn't believe it, until yesterday, driving to Melton Mowbray for a family lunch to celebrate my Grandad's 80th birthday, when we drove through patches of every kind of weather you can think of - rain, hail, snow flurries, bright sunshine, a low fuzzy rainbow across the motorway.

This morning, I woke up early and looked out to find the world covered in whiteness. I cycled to church slowly, enjoying the quietness of the roads, making the first tracks on the cycle paths.

By the time I left church, the peaceful atmosphere was shattered as the snow began to thaw into large slushy puddles. It wasn't what you expect to happen on Easter Sunday, but then, neither was the first one.

1 comment:

Liz said...

An excellent point!

And this is the earliest Easter either of us seems likely to see... I think 2136 is the next time.