Thursday, May 18, 2006

if only pianos had an off switch

Today I have live piano accompaniment. In the office.

Actually it's rather good. Usually we get someone trying to play 'When the Saints go marching in' very badly. Today it sounds more like a concert pianist rehearsing.

Not doing my sleepy head much good. I shall try to stop moaning and appreciate it, because it's actually good. They're playing straight through and not stopping to go over mistakes, until just now, I think it's got to a tricky bit.

Wish I knew what the music is. It's something famous and I ought to know it. I've got a sneaking suspicion it's the Tchiakovsky I was hating on Monday. hmm.

6 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

It's not Tchaikovsky. Still can't remember what it is though.

Debs said...

I wonder what musical accompaniments you'll get to listen to this week. Did you ever work out what it was?

Pig wot flies said...

Nope, I'm a musical ignoramus.

Anonymous said...

Why on earth is there a piano in your office? Why has nobody else asked this question?

Pig wot flies said...

It's not actually in the office, it's in the music room next door. One of the side-effects of having an office in what's effectively a student residence. It's rather nicer than yours though.

Anonymous said...

Huh. I'm sorry if my rrom isn't good enough for you!!! We have a music room too you know though i think a couple of the piano keys are a little iffy. See you very soon. Yay.