Monday, January 09, 2006

pig wot flies' moving day

On Saturday I moved into my new abode. It's lovely. I hadn't seen the room properly before I moved in since last time I saw it, it had no furniture and the walls and ceiling were dark blue. Now it's a beautiful shade of lavender and has furniture, including a big metal frame double bed. Luxury! I'm getting on well with my landlady (the word doesn't go with the person, but I suppose if I'm her lodger, she must be my landlady) and I don't think it'll be long before it feels like home. It just needs a radio in the kitchen so I can cook and listen to Radio 4!

There are still things I need to bring from home, not least my bike lights which seem to have disappeared. I'm planning to cycle to work, but without lights, that's not going to happen. I drove in this morning, which I never want to do again. I don't mind sitting in a traffic jam on a bus because I can do something else like knit or read, but sitting in a car in a traffic jam, even with the Today programme for company, is not my idea of fun. I'll try the bus tomorrow. Hopefully my lights will turn up next weekend. I'm planning to do another raid home on Saturday to pick up a few last bits and tidy up the mess I left behind me.

Saturday was also my one year blogoversary. Yes, I've been at this blogging lark for a year now. I started rather slowly. January 2005 doesn't have many posts, but I like to think I've improved since then, in frequency and I hope in quality.

I've been trying to work out how to blog about work. I've come to the conclusion I don't want to mention where I work by name, but I am excited about it. People who know me in real life know where I work, obviously. I think I'll have to see how it goes. I certainly won't be naming my place of work, or naming people who work there, but I suspect there might be things that happen here that I want to blog about. We'll see. So far, it's good. The people I work with are friendly, the job is exciting, if a little daunting at times and I'm settling in gradually.

No comments: