Monday, December 19, 2005

house of cards

It seems finding somewhere to live is even less sorted than I thought. I turned down big-house-full-of-young-people and house-with-cat because I thought beautiful-old-house was the one. Then I went to Cambridge to meet the potential house-mate I hadn't met and discovered that there are are two other people interested in the house and they're going to talk to all of us and then decide who they want to live with. Which is fair enough, but I wish I'd known that before hand. I still love the house, but having met both inhabitants, I'm worried that they're much more goey-outy (not a word, but anyway) than me. They've said they'll tell me by the end of the week. I'm a little thrown really. I'm not sure they'll like me and I'm not sure whether we'd get on. So that leaves me with house-3-miles-out-of-town-but-only-for-6-months. Which is warm and cosy and I like the girl I'd be sharing with, but I did want somewhere closer to town and longer term.

I don't really know what to do now. Hang on and see what happens, keep trying anything I can and pray. I start my new job two weeks tomorrow and so far I've got nowhere definite to move to. I'm trying not to be depressed about it. I've been here before. When I moved to Bath, the house I ended up living in got sorted very quickly. I had about 10 days to sort it out before I went on holiday. In a matter of days I went from having no-one to live with and nowhere to live to having three housemates and a gorgeous house. I'm trying to hang onto that and trust God.

No comments: