Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the most beautiful knitting in the world

Is to be found here. It's half in Japanese and half in sort of English, so it's hard to work out what's been knitted by the author and what hasn't, but even if she's only knitted half the stuff, she's a genius. (I assume she's a she, I have no idea.) Go back through her archive and look at some of the intricately put-together jumpers. I've been trying to figure out how she makes those zig zig things, but so far I can't. It's probably something like knitting a mitred square, but that didn't seem to work when I tried it.

All I have to show off is a finished pink jumper. Ta da!

big pink finished object

big pink finished object
Originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly I mostly enjoyed the comments about "grobal warming" etc but those zigzag things are indeed gorgeous . Look almost Andean or something. I don't often "get" knitting but they're mightily cool.